Thursday, October 7, 2010

Milestones

Dear Jakey,

I tell you these things because I want you to understand how much I love you. I also want you to realize that I understand how hard you work at certain things each day and I hope you realize that I know every movement you make, every bite you eat and every breath you take is a gift and a milestone. It is kind of hard to explain to others because as a mom you are so used to typical milestones. I'm not going to lie - I can't help feel a twinge of jealousy when I hear other moms reach different milestons - whether it is no more diapers, all kids off to school, leaving kids with grandparents and going on vacation with significant others or even having grown kids out of the house - all these things we will not likely meet and it sucks. BUT that is really only me being selfish and the real reality is that you achieve so many important things each day that I couldn't imagine giving it up. You are strong enough to beat down the seizures, fight the infections and keep on truckin'. Those may not be typical milestones but they are good enough for me. Stay strong little buddy!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment